Show MenuHide Menu

Reflective Journal – Week 8

October 11, 2019

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.

I learned that the future of nursing is definitely changing. I learned about the increasing demands of nurses, and how that will change the way we practice. I learned more about how nurses are able to practice in some states versus others, and how nurses are going to be working more closely with other healthcare providers in the future. 

The team discussion was good this week. It was good to hear from others about their opinion on the future of nursing. We all agreed that there will be many positive changes for nurses in the future as we work more equally with physicians and attain higher education. The future of nursing will help meet the demands in healthcare in the future. 

I will utilize the information learned this week by recognizing my role in the future of nursing. We have a crucial role to play, and that is to be leaders and make our voice heard. We aren’t currently seen as leaders in the healthcare community, and that can change by my involvement in leadership within healthcare. As I learn from my practice as a nurse I will work to participate more in leadership.

4. You personal feelings about the material covered.

I think this unit was helpful. It was cool to learn about how people are working to change the future of nursing. As it stands, I do believe that we work in a great field, but we are under-utilized and I think that as time progresses and we work in leadership roles, we will be able to be better utilized within healthcare to provide the best care for our patients.