Show MenuHide Menu

Reflective Journal – Week 9

October 20, 2019

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.

I learned that the responsibility of staffing can be stressful. From the activities in this unit, it was interesting to learn about different staffing methods in different hospitals and units. It was also interesting to learn more about how to develop your career and learn about different tips to do so.

The team activities were helpful just to see how other people plan to develop their careers in nursing. I think it’s always interesting to learn about how people want to advance their careers and people that they plan to work with in order to further their careers.

I will utilize this information by remembering to constantly network to open possibilities to advance my career. It has reminded me that although I may not have a perfect picture of where I might be in 5 years, that I will have more opportunities if I network with people around me to learn about different job opportunities as I work.

4. You personal feelings about the material covered.

I think that these topics are very important to be aware of in nursing. I think that staffing is very important to be aware of, and if in a leadership role, I will remember that there are many different methods to staffing that can be used and there isn’t necessarily a perfect method for any unit. I also found it a good reminder to network with people constantly through my career to open opportunities in my nursing career.