Show MenuHide Menu

Reflection Journal – Week 15

November 21, 2019

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.

Risk management as a nurse leader is a big responsibility and a large part of our job. As nurse leaders, there will be many factors of risk that we will have to manage regarding both patients and staff. Handling different legal concerns is another big responsibility of the nurse leader. Both of these responsibilities take a lot of problem solving and multiple people on board to make final decisions that affect everyone involved.

My feelings didn’t change much from the team activities because we all had very similar ideas of how to manage the situation at hand. We all agreed in different ways that a bottom line solution to this problem is better education to reduce the risk of harm to our patients. 

I will utilize this information by reaching out to the proper people to provide the best care for my patients and staff. As a nurse leader, it would be my responsibility to reduce the risk of harm to both patients and staff, and I need to be able to utilize multiple people to make decisions on how to manage legal situations I come across. 

4. You personal feelings about the material covered.

Risk management and legal responsibilities are responsibilities of a nurse leader I think we underestimate. These are very big responsibilities of a nurse leader, and it is up to them to reduce risk to everyone and up to them to help solve legal concerns that they come across.